How to Setup a Canon Printer?
Posted by Johnny on December 21, 2017
If you have just bought any printing peripheral, you need to install it properly prior to be able to use it. Driver installation and connection prior to usage is the philosophy followed by all the peripherals out there, Canon Printer included. However, when it comes to Canon, the process is not only streamlined, but the driver software itself comes with several new features that one should be aware of as well.
Canon Support discusses initial setup of the Canon Printer
The peripheral installation on a computer is pretty similar for most peripherals. Now, Canon, being the champion of user friendliness and intuitiveness has come up with the same approach to initial installation. Just follow the steps given below and you are good to go:
- Make the physical connections with the computer: Most printers come with a standard USB connection, while the older variants come with a PS/2 ports. Regardless, connect the device with your PC and a power outlet.
- The System will now initiate a driver search process: Now, the Operating system that you are currently running will detect the new hardware and start searching for a driver to go along with it. The driver may be installed, but that drier is OS specific. Follow through the next step for the specialized installation.
- Insert the CD: Now, you need to load up the driver CD that came with the Canon Device. Drier software tends to run in an Auto run fashion. If not, go to My Computer and open up the disk folder -> Click on Setup -> and initialize installation.
- Installation instruction: while you are following through with the installation, there are a few things that you got to keep in mind.
- a. Make sure that the drive letter you choose is the one your OS is installed in.
- b. Make sure that there is enough disk space. Once you have verified that everything is in order, you need to wait for the installation process to go through.
Note: through the course of installation, you might be prompted to detach and reconnect all the Canon printer connections. Follow through them as well.
- Run the test page: Once the installation process is complete, you need to run the test page printing. The test page prints a page for which is you have to check if the alignment is to your liking. If not, you can reprint the test page
- Scan test: If the device is of the 2-in-1 variant, you need to scan the printed page. Once the scanning process goes through, check if the scans are done right. If not, you need to go back to step 5 again.
After all the tests are satisfied, your printer is ready to print. However, if the installation process might be a bit troublesome for you, don’t be ashamed to get the help from the appropriate experts. You can get in touch with these experts via calling at the toll-free Canon Printer Phone number +1-844-478-5758. Once you have access to assistance, you will be able to utilize your printer to its fullest as well.
Read More Posts: - How to Deal with the Troubles of a Canon Printer?
Reviewer : Johnny
Review Date : 03-Jan-2018
Reviewed Item : Canon Printer Support Canada